Length: 2 hours
This SFI certified course will set out legal requirements and best practice for teachers and staff of supplementary schools to safeguard children.
The course will cover:
- Key areas of safeguarding risk in educational settings
- Best practice when safeguarding children
- Identifying signs of abuse
- How to recruit staff and volunteers safely (including DBS checks)
- How to manage allegations against members of staff or volunteers
The course is interactive and run by facilitators with significant experience of working with faith communities. There will be frequent opportunities to discuss the specific safeguarding challenges that you face.
Upon completion, participants will receive a certificate and course notes