Strengthening Faith Institutions works closely with The Charity Commission, the independent regulator of charities in England and Wales. Its aim is to provide the best possible regulation of charities in England and Wales in order to increase charities’
effectiveness and public confidence and trust.
Our consultants work to ensure that faith institutions are registered; the advancement of religion for the public benefit is a longstanding charitable purpose and there are a number of religions, the advancement of which, is accepted as charitable.
An organisation has a duty to apply for registration if:
• it is not excepted * or exempt from the requirement to register: and
• it is set up in England and/or Wales for exclusively charitable purposes; and
• it has an income exceeding £5000 per annum; and either:
• it is a company incorporated in England and Wales; or
• the majority of charity trustees live in England and Wales; and/or
• the majority of assets are in England and Wales.
To find out more click here.