This half-day conference in Bradford is free to attend for SFI member organisations. The event will feature presentations and workshops from child safeguarding experts and provide practical tools to help faith institutions prevent, identify and eradicate child abuse.
Workshops include: (certificates will be provided)
- Online Safety for Children
- Supporting Survivors of Abuse
- Child protection policies that work
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at faith centres: role and responsibility
- Child Protection in Out of School Settings
The event is primarily aimed at representatives of places of worship (such as Churches, Gurdwaras, Mosques, Synagogues and Churches) and religious supplementary schools.
Anybody working within faith institutions or supplementary school who is passionate about preventing and responding to child abuse should attend including:
- Faith leaders
- Trustees/Committee Members
- Staff & Volunteers
The conference will be held in-person at the University of Bradford, Richmond Road, BD7 1DP.