Gift Aid is an extremely useful scheme which allows charities to claim the basic rate of tax that donors have paid; however, registering for Gift Aid can be a confusing process. Strengthening Faith Institutions recently ran a webinar discussing how to:
- Register for Gift Aid and get 25% more on every donation
- Claim Small Donation Scheme on donations under £30
- Process Gift Aid
- Decipher which documentation is required.
The webinar was run by SFI Consultant Dawood Masood FCCA. Dawood studied BSc Accounting and Finance, and has over 10 years of experience in the faith and charity sector. He is the founder of Quba Accountancy and has extensive experience working with charities of all sizes.
Access the online course here: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/7J1SaOGqp0dJAY3W5hveBLQkQYPfT6a8gyZN_fdenxrOsxZKAp8OBcdYBjfgsaFv
Access Dawood’s presentation given on the course here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vi-v8OpUSqAQWl0POyGgo0MadaS9bfZl/view?usp=sharing
Access Charity Gift Aid declaration for templates here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tbqZ6Sa0VRV1nw_Nq6fVXi052GRciUe6/view?usp=sharing
For a free consultation on claiming Gift Aid for your place of worship, contact Natan@sfitogether.org or call 07590 028 823.
(Photo credits to https://fundraising.co.uk/2020/06/25/charities-call-on-government-to-temporarily-increase-gift-aid/)
We realise that no two faith institution are the same. Contact us to discuss which policies are the best fit your faith centre.
- Faith in Philanthropy: Unlocking non-Government Funding for Faith Organisations during Covid-19 and Beyond
- Faith Engagement Review – Call for Evidence
- Building Resilience to the Covid-19 Pandemic and Beyond Webinar
- Upcoming Dates Domestic Violence Awareness Training for Faith Leaders
- SFI update for Faith Based Out of School settings from 5 November 2020