The places of worship (POW) protective security funding scheme is a government commitment in the 2016-2020 hate crime action plan. It provides funding for protective security measures to places of worship and associated faith community centres that are vulnerable to hate crime.
This scheme has been designed in accordance with government advice on coronavirus (COVID-19). The application process has been changed this year to allow the scheme to launch without applicants needing to attend their place of worship or engage Designing Out Crime Officers to undertake site assessments at this point in time. Due to the impact of coronavirus, both the process and timetable must remain flexible and is subject to change. Please read through the guidance thoroughly before making an application and check back regularly for updates to the scheme.
SFI can help your faith centre apply for this funding with advice, research and tips on what makes for a strong application. For further information or support email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07590 028 823.
Closing date: Sunday 9th August 2020
We realise that no two faith institution are the same. Contact us to discuss which policies are the best fit your faith centre.
- Covid-19 Compliance Officer Training for Places of Worship
- Charity Commission Webinars
- Essential ONLINE Certified training for Faith Centres
- Faith and Resilience: An online conference on Financial Sustainability and Civic Responsibility for Faith Organisations
- Safeguarding and Health and Safety Online Training