There are around 280 Gurdwaras in the UK. Their combined income is over £50 million per year. There is a growing band of Gurdwaras with a net income of around £1 million per year. Gurdwaras wealth has also increased through ownership of properties. A strong culture of donating, giving and sewa exists within the Sikh community which contributes heavily to their income. Gurdwaras largest expenditure is on salaries of ‘priests’, in-house ragis, maintenance, langar and repayment of loans for the purchase and refurbishment of buildings.
The Midlands Gurdwara Conference 2020 is the first regional conference following on from the National Gurdwara Conference 2019 held in Central London. Click here to register.
We realise that no two faith institution are the same. Contact us to discuss which policies are the best fit your faith centre.
- Charity Commission Webinars
- Essential ONLINE Certified training for Faith Centres
- Faith and Resilience: An online conference on Financial Sustainability and Civic Responsibility for Faith Organisations
- Safeguarding and Health and Safety Online Training
- Faith in Philanthropy: Unlocking non-Government Funding for Faith Organisations during Covid-19 and Beyond