Does your faith institution have a close relationship with a non-charitable organisation? If so, the Charity Commission has released a new report with guidance for charities to explain the correct way to manage connections to non-charitable organisations.
Click here to download the report.
The article explains the importance of consulting your charity’s governing documents if a trustee of your faith institution is also a director of a business which your institution receives funding from. This is because there may be a ‘conflict of interest’, which means the law could see your faith institution to be operating with non-charitable purposes.
We realise that no two faith institution are the same. Contact us to discuss which policies are the best fit your faith centre.
- Faith in Philanthropy: Unlocking non-Government Funding for Faith Organisations during Covid-19 and Beyond
- Faith Engagement Review – Call for Evidence
- Building Resilience to the Covid-19 Pandemic and Beyond Webinar
- Upcoming Dates Domestic Violence Awareness Training for Faith Leaders
- SFI update for Faith Based Out of School settings from 5 November 2020