Good governance is imperative for registered charities throughout England and Wales, NCVO have produced a new toolkit around Charity Governance Code and principles, which has been specially adapted for the smallest organisations with no staff and incomes less than £100,000.
It is the Code’s starting point that all trustees:
• are committed to their charity’s cause and have joined its board because they want to help the charity deliver its purposes
• recognise that meeting their charity’s stated public benefit is an ongoing requirement
• understand their roles and legal responsibilities, and, in particular, have read and understand:
• their charity’s governing document
• are committed to good governance and want to contribute to their charity’s continued improvement.
Click here to download the toolkit.