Last week, our regional consultants Muzahid Khan and Fakrul Choudhary delivered a Safeguarding workshop for members of faith institutions from Shahjalal Academy Rochdale and Jalalia Mosque, Rochdale.
Safeguarding, according to the NSPCC, is the active efforts taken to “promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.” To implement safeguarding, three key measures must be taken.
- Policies and procedures, including safe recruitment, must be established, implemented and followed at all times.
- All staff and volunteers must be made aware of these rules, and measures must be put in place to ensure that they are being followed.
- Finally, all staff and volunteers must receive child protection training.
For the UK guidelines on safeguarding,click here.
We realise that no two faith institution are the same. Contact us to discuss which policies are the best fit your faith centre.
- Charity Commission Webinars
- Essential ONLINE Certified training for Faith Centres
- Faith and Resilience: An online conference on Financial Sustainability and Civic Responsibility for Faith Organisations
- Safeguarding and Health and Safety Online Training
- Faith in Philanthropy: Unlocking non-Government Funding for Faith Organisations during Covid-19 and Beyond