Strengthening Faith Institutions would like to congratulate all the mosques within the SFI network that were nominated for the Beacon Mosque Awards 2018. The award ceremony was held in London last month, on the 8th of September, to celebrate the contribution and achievements of mosques across the country.
In total there were ten categories, but all within the theme of being innovative and providing a service to local communities such as, the best green initiative and best women’s service.
SFI has worked with a number of the nominees, by measuring their strengths through Health Checks, and worked closely with eight of the nominees in creating bespoke plans in drafting policies and procedures on issues such as safeguarding, female empowerment initiatives, and community engagement strategies.
We would like to congratulate the following mosques that we worked with for being nominated for this prestigious award:
- The Wirral Deen Centre, Liverpool – Best Innovative Service (nominated)
- Al-Madina Mosque Barking, London- Best Madrassah Service, Best Charity Project, Best Run mosque, Best Youth Service (nominated)
- Greenwich Mosque, London – Category for Best Youth Service (nominated)
- Quilliam Mosque, Liverpool – Best Women’s Service (nominated)
- Minhaj al Quran masjid and Cultural Centre London- Best Outreach Programme
- Noor ul Islam, London – Best Women’s Service (nominated)
All the nominees and winners are an example of how faith institutions can raise standards of good governance and be a beacons of their local community.
At SFI, we hope this can continue.