Questions to be considered and answered by the appraisee before the appraisal session:
- How accurately does your job description describe the job you do? What changes could be made to the job description in order to reflect the job you are doing?
- What are your main achievements of the last twelve months?
- What would you like to have achieved over the last twelve months but have been unable to do so? What prevented you from doing so?
- What has gone well over the last year, and why?
- What has not gone well over the last year, and why? How can the situation be improved in the coming year?
- What specific targets do you think you can achieve over the coming year? These can include your current areas of work or new areas of work which you would like to take on.
- What do you need from the organisation to help you reach these targets?
Can you identify any specific areas where training would help you improve your performance?
Are there any other issues you would like to raise? These can include any ideas or concerns you have either with your career, your role, your management, or with the organisation in general. Please be a specific as possible.
Name (appraisee) __________________________
Job Title _________________________________
Line Manager/Appraiser _____________________
The following should indicate dates for achievement/action and who to do, where appropriate.
- Agreed targets for the year:
- Agreed training needs:
- Other action points (including any amendments to job description):
Line manager comments
Job holder comments
Signed __________________________ Job holder. Date:
Signed __________________________ Line manager. Date: