When writing a safeguarding policy, key areas to consider are:
- the purpose of the policy,
- defining safeguarding, abuse and types of abuse,
- account for who could be an abuser,
- information sharing and data protection,
- assessing and responding to risks,
- reporting a safeguarding issue.
This policy is a template for above points and what to do if you see or suspect that a vulnerable adult is being abused.
Click here to download a Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy template and edit to fit your organisation’s work.